Built in 1924, the building was originally the home for the Trinity Lutheran Church. In 1951, it was sold to the Faith Tabernacle Church and in 1953, it doubled in length, rearward taking up much of the parking lot. In 1975, the building was sold and converted into a law office. In 2012, Dr. Pepe purchased the building and took painstaking measures to keep the integrity of the building.
The ceiling was opened up again, and the many arches revealed to show the beautiful wood ceiling on what used to be the altar of the Faith Tabernacle Church. A heated ramp and stairs were added, the stucco redone. New electrical, insulation and flooring was all added. A new wood door was handmade by a local artisan and new thermal leaded glass windows installed but keeping the same shape and designs (as much as possible) as the old leaded glass windows. The renovations were completed and Old North Optometry opened its doors on February 18, 2014.